Civil Society Coalition and Election 2016 Support Activities End of Project Evaluation
REQUEST FOR AN INDEPENDENT EVALUATION CONSULTANT/EXPERT
In the run-up to the 2016 presidential and general election of members of parliament, a coalition of civil society organizations implemented four sets of interventions as part of its contribution to credible and peaceful elections during the 2016 general elections. The interventions had the overall goal of contributing to an improved election administration in Ghana as well as credible and peaceful electoral outcomes. Towards this end, the project had these specific objectives:
· Promote public awareness of, and support for electoral reforms
· Improve transparency in the conduct of the elections through citizens’ observation
· Enhance integrity of the election and the credibility of the election results
· Provide scientific means to objectively verify the accuracy of the presidential results announced by the Electoral Commission.
The project is currently in its final phase hence the need to engage an evaluator with extensive experience in evaluating Democracy, Rights and Governance (DRG) projects.
1. Scope of Work for External Evaluator
The external evaluator will be expected to conduct both internal and external evaluation of the Coalition’s Interventions for a period of one (1) to two (2) months.
2. Expertise Required
- An evaluation consultant(s) must have a minimum of five years’ experience in program/project evaluation in the international development context
- Must have exhibited both quantitative and qualitative evaluation skills in previous evaluations
- Experience in the field of evaluating Democracy, Right and Governance (DRG) interventions particularly projects funded by USAID will be an added advantage
3. Selection Criteria
The evaluation managers will review all Expressions of Interest (EOI) submitted, based on the following considerations:
a) Technical experience in evaluating Democracy, Rights and Governance (DRG) Projects
b) Timeframe and Methodology
c) Financial proposal
All interested applicants should request for the full TOR via the email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, August 11, 2017.