The Ghana Center for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING SERVICES MANAGER.
Purpose: The main functions will be the administration of the finance office and its coordination and logistical support to other departments and projects and participation in overall management and administration of CDD Ghana.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes: Chartered Accountant in ICA OR ACCA and Masters’ Degree in Finance or Administration.
- A working experience in grants environment
- Good appreciation of tax and other statutory requirements
- Microsoft office and Accounting software familiarization Demonstrable ability in financial administration and general management
- Ability to use vested authority to ensure respect and produce result
- Track record of consistent competence and integrity
- Team player, loyalty and sincerity
- Five (5) years and above in a management and in similar position
The Financial Services Manager will be responsible and accountable for all finance and accounts related matters; including (but not limited to) the following areas:
- Maintain complete double entry accounting system covering General Ledger and the required subsidiary ledgers of receivables, payables, fixed assets, inventory, cashbook, reporting, etc.
- Above to be done within the framework of the CDD’s accounting structures such as software, chart of account (COA), policies and procedures
- To comply with the Center’s policies and procedures as applicable to all areas of the business
- To provide report to local management to meet statutory and operating needs
- Understand, apply and comply with tax requirements including documentations, procedures, deductions, payments and declarations
- To meet all other applicable national statutory requirements such as national insurance, registrations and licensing at both national and local government levels
- To provide all accounting services such as payroll, petty cash and necessary fillings
- To be the custodian of value books (cheques, invoices, receipts etc.)
- To work with Director of Finance and Administration to manage liquidity, banking relationship and borrowing and investment activities
- To oversee the capital expenditure process and ensure proper accounting and control over fixed assets at all locations
- Be the critical element in the control of costs
- Be the focal person for the implementation of the financial manual
- Manage Insurance of Assets hand in consultation with Director of Finance & Administration
- Ensure the conduct of statutory Audit within required timelines
- Assist and sit in for the Director of Finance & Administration
- Assist in formulation of business strategy when necessary
- Prepare financial reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Prepare monthly and periodic tax, national insurance and other statutory returns and other requirements
- Work closely with department heads, program managers and other officers to maintain an effective and efficient financial administration of the Center.
- Assist in the supplier selection process to ensure value for money in pricing, delivery, payment terms, specification and contract management among others.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks that may be requested by superiors from time to time.
- Assist HR by bringing to the fore worker and CBA related matters that require addressing
Decisions and Recommendations
Stresses on issues relating to the Labour Act 2003, Act 651 and make sound recommendations to Directors to foster a sense of co-operation. You will be required to perform other reasonable tasks that may be requested by your superior from time to time. Mode of Application: Applicant’s current CV with references and other supporting documents should be clearly labeled Financial Accounting Services Manager and sent to:
The Executive Assistant
P.O. Box 404
CDD-Ghana is an equal opportunities employer.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receipt of applications is December 22nd 2017.